Have you been suffering from a chronic illness alone?
Think back to when you were first diagnosed with your chronic illness. Were you scared? Did your doctor provide compassionate care and listen to your questions, or did they rush through your appointment and wave you away with an illegible prescription? Now think about the time that has passed between your first dose of medicine and today - have you actually gotten better? Have you collected even more medications along the way?
Chronic illness doesn’t have to be a life sentence, and most importantly, you don’t have to fight it alone. There is a way to heal and reverse high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes and other chronic diseases, through compassionate medical care and simple dietary changes.
Life-saving care from the comfort of your home
For decades, people have enrolled in residential health programs to receive the cure for their chronic illness. They’ve invested significant amounts of money, taken time off from work, lived away from their families for weeks at a time, and made other huge sacrifices to receive help for their health needs. Though there have been miraculous results, the challenges and sacrifices to attend in-person programs are too high for many people. Effective health care shouldn’t be prohibitive; this life-changing information should be accessible to everyone.
That’s why my team and I developed the 12-Day McDougall Program, which brings professional medical care right into your home. I, along with my fellow board-certified physicians and the entire McDougall team, will empower you with real-world nutritional guidance, cooking demonstrations, practical exercise routines, psychological support and compassionate motivation to heal and reverse chronic illnesses and diseases such as:
- Arthritis & autoimmune diseases
- GI (bowel) diseases
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Kidney disease
- Multiple sclerosis
Learning from home will allow you to immediately apply what you’ve learned, practice in your own kitchen and get direct guidance from the entire McDougall team as questions come up. This is the exact environment where you’ll be challenged in your everyday life, and we’ll be there with you every step of the way to help set you up for lasting success.
We are also limiting attendance to 50 participants per program so that we can provide you with the personal attention and support you need for these powerful and transformational changes to your lifestyle.
Here is what’s possible for you with the 12-Day McDougall Program:
- Avoid dangerous and costly surgeries
- Lower, or eliminate, unnecessary medications and avoid their harmful side effects
- Save time and money with fewer doctors visits and less time off work
- Add years to your life and see your kids get married, meet your grandchildren, and enjoy that bucket list trip you’ve always dreamed about
How we’ll work together
Many times patients come to us after having tried absolutely everything to heal their chronic illnesses. They’ve done month-long water fasts, the keto diet, nutritarian diet and vegan diets full of fake meats and highly processed foods. They’ve tried to survive off of salads, which make them hungry and angry, and leads to a horrible cycle of binge eating and weight gain. None of it works.
We’ve worked with thousands of patients over the last 50 years to develop and refine the most effective life-changing tools that successfully heal and reverse chronic diseases. As a member of the 12-Day McDougall Program, you’ll have access to:
Personal Medical Care: Our medical director Anthony Lim, MD, JD, or another McDougall-trained physician, will meet with you in a private one-on-one medical appointment to review your bloodwork, discuss your health goals and identify the steps you can take to reach them. Additional time can be scheduled at your request for an additional fee.
Live Interactive Lectures: John McDougall, MD, Anthony Lim, MD, JD, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN, Doug Lisle, PhD, Jack Dixon, NSCA, CPT and Heather McDougall will present live lectures on topics that are essential for your education and understanding. These lectures will cover chronic illnesses and diseases, nutrition, exercise, meal planning, overcoming emotional eating, behavioral change and more.
1-on-1 Meetings with a Dedicated Support Specialist: You'll be assigned a dedicated Support Specialist who will meet with you each day of the program to answer any questions you have, challenges you’re facing and more. This is your time to discuss your progress and problems.
Ongoing Support: The McDougall Program is designed for lifelong changes. To ensure you meet your health goals, your dedicated Support Specialist is there to offer ongoing support and weekly check-ins for three months after the course. After that, your ongoing support continues with monthly check-ins for the remainder of the year.
You’ll also receive:
- A health assessment to monitor your progress over the course of the program
- Q&A sessions after each lecture to personally engage with our team in an interactive and intimate setting
- Monthly virtual meetings with Dr. John, Mary, and Heather McDougall for additional support after the program
- A delicious 12 day meal plan to follow throughout the program
- Cooking demonstrations of our favorite and most popular whole food, starch-based recipes
- A passionate and supportive community of people who are on the same path, as well as seasoned McDougallers who can share their experiences and best practices for continued success
- An official discharge letter from our doctor, addressed to you. This letter will summarize your time with us and will include specific reasons why we have asked you to change your medications, as well as all other recommendations, including our dietary guidelines
A day in the life during the 12-Day McDougall Program:
5:00 AM: CHECK IN with your dedicated Support Specialist to discuss general wellness and any questions you have.
6:00 AM: MEET UP with fellow participants over breakfast and get to know each other.
8-8:45 AM: Q&A with John McDougall, MD, and Mary McDougall. Get exclusive access to Dr. McDougall to ask all of your questions about healing and reversing chronic illness and disease, whole food, starch-based nutrition, how to make permanent changes to your lifestyle and more.
9-10:30 AM: LECTURE | NUTRITION with Jeff Novick, MS, RDN, LDN. Learn how to read food labels, what to eat and what not to eat to lose weight, and product recommendations to successfully transition to a whole food, starch-based lifestyle.
3-3:45 PM: CHAT | CONNECT with guest chefs as well as seasoned McDougallers who share their tips and best practices for ongoing success.
4-5:30 PM: LECTURE | BEHAVIORAL CHANGE with Anthony Lim, MD, JD. Learn about the behavioral changes that lead to finally changing the way you eat. For good this time.
Incredible transformations from the 12-Day McDougall Program
In just 12 days, participants were able to see amazing changes in their lives:
- 90% of participants reduced or eliminated unnecessary medications
- Participants lost an average of 4 pounds in only 12 days while eating unrestricted amounts of the right foods
- Relief of chronic fatigue is experienced by 80% of participants
- Relief of intestinal distress from indigestion to constipation to chronic diarrhea
- More than a 22 mg/dL reduction in cholesterol
- Relief of chest pain (angina) in most people with narrowed heart arteries (atherosclerosis)
- Lessening and elimination of swelling and pain from inflammatory arthritis
- Lower blood sugar and relief of peripheral neuropathy (pain in the legs and feet). Almost all participants with type-2 diabetes are cured of their diseases after achieving ideal body weight
- Improved complexion with reduction in oily skin and hair
- 100% of participants said they feel equipped with the tools and knowledge to be successful in reaching their long term health goals
These benefits only continue over the weeks, months and years that follow your time with us.
"I never thought I'd be able to drop those 20 pounds. I went from a size 10 to a size 6 in three months."
Kristy is happy, has more energy and no longer has psoriasis, while Joseph cured his type-2 diabetes.
"I'm on the right road finally and I couldn't have done it without your help."
Cathleen describes her experience as an incredible life changer. She's lost 14 pounds and feels great.
"I'm feeling great... I've never felt this way before."
Edward lowered his blood pressure and dropped his cholesterol from 198 to 154 mg/dL.
Are you ready to do this together?
We will teach and guide you through everything we have come to know and understand about the underlying cause of chronic illness and disease, and how to reverse them. Through education and compassionate care, we'll provide you with the tools you need to make permanent positive changes to your health.
Now, more than ever, the McDougall Program can help you stay safe and healthy. Are you ready?
Have questions? Click here for the FAQs.